Automated Reliability Prediction Procedure
Document Number FD-ARPP-01
Issue Number 12
Issue Date Jan 2011
ABSTRACT: New Version....Reliability Software Tool that Automates the Reliability Prediction Techniques in SR-332, Issue 3,
Reliability Prediction Procedure for Electronic Equipment
The Telcordia Reliability Prediction Procedure (RPP) has a long and distinguished history of use within and outside the
telecommunications industry. SR-332, Issue 3, January 2011, provides the only hardware reliability prediction procedure developed
from the input and participation of a cross-section of major industrial companies. This lends the procedure and the predictions derived
from it a high level of credibility free from the bias of any individual supplier or service provider.
The ARPP, Version 11.0, is an Excel-spreadsheet software tool that automates the reliability prediction procedures in SR-332,
Issue 3. It provides suppliers and manufacturers with a simple tool for making RPP calculations. It also provides a means for
understanding RPP calculations through the capability of interactive examples provided by the user.
FD-ARPP-01 contains both SR-332, Issue 3, and the ARPP Excel-spreadsheet software tool.
ARPP, Version 11.0:
- Uses SR-332, Issue 3 methodologies: Incorporates the latest extensive changes developed from the input of several
major industrial companies
- Less expensive than other industry reliability calculation software: It provides an alternative to expensive complex
software systems, which have the RPP embedded as one of several prediction models
- Easy to use: The relatively small size of the Excel spreadsheet permits greater flexibility of use than more complex
- Has a parts database capability: Includes the capability to apply a user's internal database that assigns SR-332, Issue 3
device types to specific device products as well as an aid to producing such a database. Drop-down menus ease this process.
- Eliminates the cumbersome task of replicating formulas and tables: Eliminates the need for SR-332 purchasers to replicate
formulas and tables from the SR-332 document into their own tools
- Ensures the accuracy of calculations: Provides a way for suppliers and manufacturers to double-check calculations made on
ARPP, Version 11.0 is the Telcordia official software implementation of the RPP techniques in the new issue (3) of SR-332. It
provides suppliers and manufacturers with a simple, "easy to use" tool for making RPP calculations.
This document is available with a special licensing agreement.
View Licensing Agreement
View ARPP FAQ Information
More Information and Demo
Components of this product are:
| SR-332||"Reliability Prediction Procedure for Electronic Equipment"|
Requesting a price quote does not obligate you to license a document.