Generic Requirements and Reliability for Passive Optical Components
Document Number FR-PASSIVE-COMP-01
Issue Number 01
Issue Date Oct 2010
ABSTRACT: Save 30% on this Package of Key Passive Optical Component GRs
FR-PASSIVE-COMP-01 contains all new issues of two Telcordia Generic Requirements (GR) documents on passive optical components:
- GR-1209, Issue 4, Generic Requirements for Passive Optical Components
- GR-1221, Issue 3, Generic Reliability Assurance Requirements for Passive Optical Components
Passive optical components help eliminate many bottlenecks of conventional communications systems. Replacing active components with
passive components provides a significant cost-savings by eliminating the need to power and service active components in the
The new issues of GR-1209 and GR-1221 contain updated generic and reliability assurance requirements for passive optical
components, and now have added value for system developers and component manufacturers.
- Requirements for the efficient and cost-effective operation of components in various environmental conditions such as salt and
fog, water immersion, and exposure to airborne contaminants
- Requirements for specific packaging and shipping tests
- Aligns with general industry specifications for system developers
- Aligns with critical NEBSTM requirements developed since the last issues of GR-1209 and
GR-1221 were published
- Fully aligned vibration and impact requirements to simplify testing.
Used together, GR-1209 and GR-1221 assure that optical devices function satisfactorily for long periods under adverse
Components of this product are:
| GR-1209||"Generic Requirements for Passive Optical Components"|
| GR-1221||"Generic Reliability Assurance Requirements for Passive Optical Components"|
Requesting a price quote does not obligate you to license a document.