Switched Multi-Megabit Data Service (SMDS) Generic Requirements for Exchange Access And Intercompany Serving Arrangements
Document Number GR-1060
Issue Number 01
Issue Date Apr 1994
Replaces TR-TSV-001060 Issue01
ABSTRACT: Issue 1 of GR-1060, Switched Multi-Megabit Data Service (SMDS) Generic Requirements for Exchange Access and Intercompany Serving
Arrangements, provides the Telcordia view of proposed generic requirements for Exchange Access Switched Multimegabit Data Service
(XA-SMDS), and serving arrangements between Independent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECS) and client companies to support Switched
Multimegabit Data Service.
SMDS is a high-speed, connectionless, public, packet-switching service that will take LAN-like performance beyond the end-user's
premises, across a metropolitan or wide area. In the public switched telecommunications environment, a Local Exchange Carrier (LEC)
provides two services:
- An exchange service provides telecommunications between end-users within an exchange area. For exchange services, the end-user
is the customer of the LEC.
- An exchange access service provides telecommunications for the purpose of originating or terminating interexchange services. The
Interexchange Carrier (IC) uses exchange access to originate and terminate telecommunications between source and destination end-users.
The source end-user is the customer of the IC for the interexchange services. The IC is the customer of the LEC for originating and
terminating exchange access services.
This document includes:
- A definition of the features of XA-SMDS
- Client company-ILEC serving arrangements to support the features of Exchange and Exchange Access SMDS
- The specification of the ICIP
- Performance and quality of service objectives
- Usage measurement requirements to support billing.
GR-1060 replaced TR-TSV-001060.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.