Generic Requirements for Exchange Access Automatic Message Accounting (AMA), FSD 20-25-0000
Document Number GR-1083
Issue Number 05
Issue Date Sep 2004
Replaces TA-NWT-001083 Issue01
ABSTRACT: GR-1083 presents the latest changes to Automatic Message Accounting (AMA) data generation requirements in network switching systems.
These systems provide the switched services segment of exchange access service. Switched access services provide, by way of the Local
Exchange Carrier (LEC), access to the local exchange portion of the Public Switched Network. This document contains:
- Exchange access requirements to respond to increasing competition within the telecommunications industry, focusing on
- AMA for network interconnection and wholesale billing
- Addressing call jurisdiction considerations
- Carrier billing
- Bill validation applications.
- Enhancements to network interconnection and exchange access recording capabilities that impact LEC revenue such as local
interconnection usage that goes unbilled, often because measurements are not in place to capture information related to all forms
of interconnection traffic.
Equipment suppliers will avoid the need for retrofitting their interconnection call detail recording (CDR) procedures to meet LEC
customized needs (Telcordia has figured this out and documented it in this GR). Potential cost savings are $150K to $200K.
Service Providers will receive a complete and consistent set of exchange access CDR information from each equipment supplier
(thereby significantly simplifying carrier access billing system [CABS] processing). Potential annual recurring savings is
estimated to be about $100K to $150K per year.
Local Service Providers will find the AMA requirements in this document critical in order to receive revenue from local
Issue 5 contains:
- Clarifications and additions to requirements for recording originating numbers in originating and terminating AMA records when
one or more Signaling System No. 7 (SS7) parameters are received identifying the call's originating number
- Updates to requirements for recording Terminating (called party) Numbering Plan Area (NPA) information for when calls are received
with seven-digit terminating numbers.
- Updates for recording information received in the SS7 Originating Line Information Parameter.
This document replaces TA-NWT-0001083.
Issue 5 of GR-1083, Generic Requirements for Exchange Access Automatic Message Accounting (AMA) (FSD 20-25-0000), replaces
When using GR-1083, you may need to refer to GR-508, GR-1100, GR-317, GR-394, GR-506, GR-533, GR-862,
GR-1298, GR-2936, GR-2970. You may also want to refer to GR-534, GR-690, GR-692, GR-698, GR-1147,
GR-1504, GR-2892, GR-3012, GR-3058, and/or ATIS TRQ No. 2.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.