Generic Requirements for Multi-Fiber Optical Connectors
Document Number GR-1435
Issue Number 02
Issue Date May 2008
Replaces TA-NWT-001435 Issue01
ABSTRACT: GR-1435 provides generic requirements and characteristics required of singlemode multi-fiber optical connectors used for joining
singlemode optical fibers. This GR document represents the expressed needs of participants in the GR-1435 Telcordia Technical Forum
(TTF) and may thus meet the needs of other telecommunications service providers as well.
Various generic requirements, desired features, and characteristics of singlemode multi-fiber optical connectors, including
performance tests for comparing such products against the stated criteria, are contained in GR-1435.
The new issue of this valuable technical resource has numerous modifications, including, but not limited to:
- Alignment with the structure and content of GR-326 and GR-2866
- Expanded document scope to address a broader range of cable media types
- Updated optical performance acceptance criteria for various applications
- Combined Performance Criteria and Performance Test Methods/Procedures into the section on Service Life Tests
- Alignment of many aspects of environmental tests with those of GR-326 and updated with separate sequences for controlled and
uncontrolled environment multi-fiber optical connector applications
- Revised mechanical tests with mechanical loads modified for various media types to align with current industry testing standards
and connector designs
- Updated Extended Service section to combine all criteria and test methods/procedures for longer-term performance assessment, and
reference of GR-1221 for reliability assurance of multi-fiber connector assemblies.
This document replaces TA-NWT-001435.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.