Telcordia Technologies Specification of Signalling System Number 7
Document Number GR-246
Issue Number 10
Issue Date Dec 2005
Replaces TR-NWT-000246 Issue02
ABSTRACT: This document replaces TR-NWT-000246.
Issue 10 of GR-246, Telcordia Technologies Specification of Signalling System Number 7, replaces Issue 9.
GR-246 defines the procedures and protocol by which network elements in the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) exchange
information over a digital signaling network. This enables wireless and wireline call setup, routing, and control.
- Contains the fundamental specification of SS7, which is then used as a basis for other generic requirements documents for
Common Channel Signaling (CCS) network elements
- Is based on the latest ANSI T1 Standards agreements and is critical for vendor implementations and carrier deployment
- Ensures that SS7 messages are transported without alteration and ensures interoperability, potentially saving millions
- Lists all the signaling point codes assigned to network carriers
GR-246 covers the following protocols:
- Message Transfer Part (MTP)
- Signaling Connection Control Part (SCCP)
- ISDN User Part (ISUP)
- Transaction Capabilities Application Part (TCAP)
- Operation, Maintenance, and Administration Part (OMAP)
Issue 10 of GR-246 includes important changes, such as:
- Addition of a new section specifying interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the ISUP protocol
- Updated signaling point code assignment guidelines to assign point codes for CCS network use by carrier
- Updated signaling point code assignment list.
When using GR-246, you may want to refer to GR-82, GR-317, GR-394, and/or GR-905..
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.