A View of Packaging, Packing, Palletization, and Marking Requirements
Document Number GR-2759
Issue Number 01
Issue Date Sep 2007
Replaces SR-NWT-2759 Issue03
ABSTRACT: GR-2759 provides requirements for the preparation and delivery of most hardware products provided to a telecommunications company. It
defines the appropriate level of tracking and labeling information; including marking, packing, packaging, and palletization
requirements. it also defines the necessary mechanical, electrical, and environmental protection needed to deliver the equipment to a
- Helps ensure safe and reliable delivery of products to telecommunications service providers and efficient product tracking and
- Reduces percentage of equipment received damaged from mechanical and electrostatic stress
- Provides a document that telecommunications service providers can use in procurement contracts to specify requirements for product
marking, packing, packaging, and palletization of hardware from their suppliers.
Key changes from SR-NWT-2759, Issue 3 include the following:
- Provides detailed references for hazardous material reduction requirements for Europe and China
- Specifies a requirement to minimize heavy metals in products and packaging and meet requirements of local jurisdictions in this
- References the latest marking technologies, including RFID
- Marking requirements now include two-dimensional (2D) symbol labeling references
- Contains current references for industry, national and international guidelines, and
Issue 1 of GR-2759, A View of Packaging, Packing, Palletization, and Marking Requirements, replaces Issue 3 of SR-NWT-2759.
SR-NWT-2759 replaced TR-TSY-000081 and PUB-53295.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents