Generic Requirements for Optical Fiber Fanouts
Document Number GR-2866
Issue Number 02
Issue Date Oct 2007
ABSTRACT: Optical fiber fanouts provide an efficient connect/disconnect capability for joining optical fibers. They are used primarily in Central
Offices (COs), at installations on customer premises, and in some Outside Plant (OSP) applications within a suitable closure. Typical
usage includes connecting equipment to the telecommunications plant, optical cross-connect points, and connecting optical test
equipment to the plant.
GR-2866, Issue 2 contains proposed generic criteria and characteristics required of optical fanouts used in the CO and OSP portions
of interoffice, subscriber loop, and distribution networks.
The Value of GR-2866:
- Includes generic functional design criteria; generic mechanical, environmental, and optical performance requirements; and
desired fanout features
- Contains test methods for comparing the product features and performance against the stated criteria
- Includes new developments in fiber fanout technology over the last decade
- Applies to singlemode optical devices in today's networks
What's New in Issue 2?
- The scope has been broadened to include other types of fanouts besides the ribbon fanouts that were discussed in Issue 1
- Fiber media type definitions have been expanded to better cover the variety of potential media characteristics (e.g., reinforced,
unreinforced, fiber-coupled, and fiber-uncoupled)
- Mechanical test load applications have been redefined to align the appropriate stresses with the expanded media type
- Features the more user-friendly format of pulling the criteria and test methods together for easy referencing
- Revised optical performance metrics based on industry input to align with current products on the market
- Fire-resistance criteria have been aligned with recent changes in national standards and in Telcordia GR-63, NEBS
Requirements: Physical Protection
Issue 2 of GR-2866, Generic Requirements for Optical Fiber Fanouts, replaces Issue 1.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.