Interactions Between Generic Requirements Documents GR-3108, GR-487, and GR-950
Document Number GR-3032
Issue Number 01
Issue Date Dec 2014
The purpose of GR-3032 is to detail the interaction between the following Telcordia GR documents:
- GR-3108, Generic Requirements for Network Equipment in the Outside Plant (OSP)
- GR-487, Generic Requirements for Electronic Equipment Cabinets
- GR-950, Generic Requirements for Optical Network Unit (ONU) Closures and ONU Systems.
The following briefly summarizes the content of these GRs:
- GR-3108 provides criteria and test procedures that are intended to help ensure that electronic equipment will operate reliably
over its expected lifetime in the Outside Plant (OSP) environment.
- GR-487 provides criteria for telecommunications equipment enclosures and cabinets. The stated generic requirements are intended to
provide a suitable environment for telecommunication companies? electronic and passive equipment that is housed in above-ground
cabinets or enclosures, typically pad- or pole-mounted, in the OSP.
- GR-950 provides criteria for analyzing Optical Network Unit (ONU) closures and systems used in a variety of OSP environments and
applications, including those used in building entrance facilities.
GR-3032, Interactions Between Generic Requirements Documents GR-3108, GR-487, and GR-950, is new. It is intended for the use
of telecommunications service providers, original equipment manufacturers, systems integrators, and Independent Testing Laboratories
When using GR-3032, you may want to refer to GR-3171, GR-3108, GR-487, and GR-950.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.