Generic Requirements for Copper Splice Closures
Document Number GR-3151
Issue Number 01
Issue Date Jun 2007
Replaces TR-NWT-000251 Issue02
ABSTRACT: GR-3151, Generic Requirements for Copper Splice Closures, provides criteria for analyzing copper splice closures used in a
variety of outside plant environments and applications, including those at building entrance facilities. It includes proposed
functional design criteria, generic mechanical and environmental requirements, desired features, and the performance tests for
comparing copper splice closures with the stated requirements.
The value of GR-3151 includes the following:
- Its requirements are organized so application-specific requirements are identified separately from requirements that are common
to all closures
- It combines all related Telcordia requirements on splice closures into one comprehensive GR
- The performance tests for analyzing copper splice closures reflect a composite picture of standard installation and operating
- Includes requirements on aerial terminals and closures
- When implemented, GR-3151 requirements can help reduce equipment damage and service outages.
GR-3151 replaces TR-NWT-000014, TR-NWT-000251, TA-TSY-000361, MDP-326-170, MDP-326-171, and MDP-326-177.
This GR also includes one or more Issue List Reports (ILRs) that details open or closed technical isues in the main document. The
ILR(s) are automatically sent free of charge to the GR document purchaser.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.