Legacy Network Gateway Generic Requirements
Document Number GR-3162
Issue Number 04
Issue Date Apr 2012
ABSTRACT: GR-3162-CORE provides generic requirements for a Legacy Network Gateway to support the routing of 9-1-1 calls that originate in the
legacy wireline or wireless networks to IP-enabled (i3) Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) via Emergency Services IP Networks
(ESInets). This document includes:
- Functional requirements for the Legacy Network Gateway to support signaling gateway functionality
- Functional requirements for the Legacy Network Gateway to support trunk/media gateway functionality
- Functional requirements for the Legacy Network Gateway to support location retrieval
- Functional requirements for the Legacy Network Gateway to support routing determination
- Functional requirements for the Legacy Network Gateway to support location de-referencing
- Functional requirements for the Legacy Network Gateway to support an Additional Data Structure and the references and interface to
access that data
- Signaling/Interface Requirements
- Operations, Maintenance, and Performance Requirements.
This GR is the only publicly available document that fully describes the functionality, interfaces, and operations requirements
associated with a Legacy Network Gateway. Some high-level requirements are provided in various NENA documents, including the Stage 2
NENA i3 standard (NENA 08-002) and the Stage 3 standard (NENA 08-003); however, these documents do not include everything necessary for
a complete specification of a Legacy Network Gateway system.
This document is being reissued to reflect changes to the definition of the Legacy Network Gateway that are under consideration for
Version 2 of NENA 08-003. Specifically, this update includes the following changes:
- Updates to the mechanism used by the Legacy Network Gateway to derive routing location
- Clarification of the relationship between the Legacy Network Gateway and legacy Wireless Service Providers/providers of MPCs/GMLCs
as the means by which display location is acquired by the Legacy Network Gateway
- Updates to the interface requirements associated with the de-referencing interface between the Legacy Network Gateway and other i3
functional elements/i3 PSAPs
- Support for delivery of Additional Data Associated with a Call "by value" and/or "by reference."
GR-3162-CORE, Issue 4, Legacy Network Gateway Generic Requirements, replaces Issue 3.
When using GR-3162, you may want to refer to GR-253, GR-317, GR-246, GR-284, GR-474, GR-499, GR-606,
GR-820, GR-905, GR-2956, GR-3010, GR-3053, GR-3054, GR-3059, GR-3060, GR-3070, GR-3112,
GR-3156, GR-3157, GR-3158, TR-TSY-000824, TR-TSY-000825, TR-NWT-001112, and various industry standards
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.