Generic Requirements for Telecommunications Power Cable
Document Number GR-347
Issue Number 03
Issue Date Jul 2008
Replaces TR-NWT-000347 Issue01
ABSTRACT: GR-347-CORE provides the functional performance requirements for telecommunications power cable products (14 AWG to 1,000 kcmil sizes)
used to supply up to 600 volts ac/dc power to communications equipment in Central Office (CO) and outside plant (OSP) facilities.
This document combines all aspects of power cable product performance relevant to telecommunication applications and customized for
the CO and OSP applications.
Issue 3 includes:
- Updating of cable designations (RHH, RHW, etc.) to harmonize with current industry practice and codes (NEC), and expanded to
cover applications in wet environments
- Updated quality management system requirements and expanded to match with the latest trends in the telecommunications industry
- Revised conductor diameter requirements to match the current industry needs in terms of more stringent tolerances on copper
conductor core dimensions to provide more uniform and improved performance in crimped connectors
- Revised mechanical requirements to clarify test procedures and supply guidance on specific tests including the bend resistance and
the frictional abrasion tests as well as introduce new and improved test procedures
- Enhanced and clarified fire resistance requirements to meet users' and suppliers' needs.
It is the intent of this issue that a telecommunications power cable meeting the requirements of GR-347-CORE shall have the required
mechanical robustness to perform reliably under all the physical stresses of installation, maintenance and long-term use that are
found in typical Central Office applications.
Issue 1 of this document replaced TR-NWT-000347.
Issue 3 of GR-347, Generic Requirements for Telecommunications Power Cable, replaces Issue 2.
When using GR-347, you may need to refer to GR-63, GR-1275, GR-209, GR-492, and/or certain ASTM and UL standards,
ICEA methods, and MIL-C specifications. You may also want to refer to GR-1252.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.