LSSGR: Automatic Message Accounting (AMA), Section 8
Document Number GR-508
Issue Number 04
Issue Date Sep 2003
Replaces TR-NWT-000508 Issue03
ABSTRACT: This document replaces TR-NWT-000508.
Issue 4 of GR-508, Automatic Message Accounting (AMA), replaces Issue 3.
This Generic Requirements document (GR) describes the Telcordia view of proposed switching system generic requirements and
objectives for Automatic Message Accounting (AMA).
This document updates and clarifies the switching system requirements and objectives for AMA data generation, formatting, retention,
output, integrity, timing, Reliability and Quality (R&Q), and miscellaneous AMA-related topics. It also provides the most current
platform for billing data generation of new network capabilities, new services, and switching-system evolution.
Issue 4 of GR-508 includes the following changes:
- The introductory text of Section 4 has been moved to Section 2. Section 4 has been eliminated, and the requirements moved to
Section 3 as follows:
- Trunk Group Member Number Recording is currently in Section 184.108.40.206.1.
- CDAR is currently in Section 220.127.116.11.
- Unanswered Call Recording is currently in Section 3.2.2.
- The requirements formerly in Section 4 of Issue 3 have retained their permanently assigned absolute numbers which are in brackets.
The local requirement numbers in the left margin will change as requirements are added, deleted, or moved.
- Section 3.4.3 has been re-written to reflect changed interconnection arrangements and regulatory rulings.
- Clarification of procedures for generating Subscriber Line Usage Study (SLUS) AMA records both originating SLUS, terminating SLUS,
and originating/terminating SLUS.
- Procedures for identifying AMA record counts in Structure Code 9037 when more than 9,999,999 records are stored on an optical disk
or other high-volume data storage media.
- Clarification of call characteristics associated with counts of AMA calls, Originating Calls, Terminating Calls, and Outgoing calls
for hourly sensor audit records.
- Clarification and new requirements for conditions under which Time Change Records are generated when Network Time Protocol (NTP) is
used for system clock synchronization.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.