Power Requirements in Telecommunications Plant
Document Number GR-513
Issue Number 02
Issue Date Jan 2010
Replaces TR-TSY-000513 Issue02
ABSTRACT: Over 170 New Requirements for Efficient and Effective Power!!
Issue 1 of GR-513 provided the industry's most complete generic requirements for power systems designed for network
telecommunications equipment in Central Offices (COs) and similar locations.
Issue 2 of GR-513, developed with the input of major service providers, updates and expands the criteria to consider
new and emerging technologies as well as new power architectures.
- Considers power needs for FTTx architectures - passive and active networks reaching deeply into the local loop and to the
- Covers homeland security expectations concerning the robustness of the telecom network
- Reviews appropriate best practices on backup power to sustain the network
- Covers deployment of routers/switch equipment in CO facilities that have high current and power demands
- Considers local and distributed powering options at the aisle and rack level as well as in the OPS nodes and customer premises
- Adds guidance covering legacy (TL1) and new (e.g., SNMP) communications protocols for system monitoring and control systems
- Provides guidance on the overall expansion to the OSP arena.
Issue 2 of GR-513, Power Requirements in Telecommunications Plant , replaces TR-TSY-000513.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
We can accept credit cards, Wire Transfers, or Purchase Orders. For PDF, EMAIL, or DOWNLOAD media, you must complete your purchase online by credit card, or by calling Customer Service. If you have additional payment questions or we can assist in any way, please contact Customer Service. You can also go to our Ordering/Payment FAQs page for further information. See our Return Policy for details on returns.