About Generic Requirements
Telcordia GRs are:
- Timely, high-quality, vendor-neutral technical specifications that provide the Telcordia view of proposed generic criteria for telecommunications equipment, systems, or services
- Considerate of factors such as interoperability, network integrity, funding-client expressed needs, and other inputs
- Widely utilized, referenced, and accepted worldwide
- Valuable to assist service providers in planning their networks and in purchasing equipment for interconnection within those networks
- Valuable to assist suppliers in designing their products to meet the needs of their customers
GRs also provide customers with timely, high-quality solutions to address their needs in such areas as performance and quality of service, interface specifications, and equipment capabilities.
The Value and Role of Telcordia Generic Requirements
- Telcordia invites all interested parties to participate in the ongoing evolution of generic requirements for the telecom industry.
- Open standards such as Telcordia GRs benefit consumers, enterprises, service/network providers, equipment suppliers, and even countries by:
- Promoting interoperability, interconnection, and innovation
- Stimulating competition among service providers and suppliers by supporting interconnection in a multi-service provider/supplier environment
- Assisting service providers in planning their networks and purchasing equipment for interconnections within those networks
- Promoting revenue opportunities
- Facilitating trade - regionally, nationally, and globally
Learn more about the benefits of participation.
Review the Common Attribute and Distinguishing Attributes of Telcordia Generic Requirements and Standards.
Any general questions, suggestions, or comments about the Telcordia GR process may be sent to:firstname.lastname@example.org