Generic Requirements for Wooden Utility Poles
Document Number GR-60
Issue Number 01
Issue Date Dec 2011
Replaces TR-NWT-000060 Issue03
ABSTRACT: Issue 1 of GR-60, Generic Requirements for Wooden Utility Poles, replaces TR-NWT-000060, Issue 3.
This document contains the Telcordia view of proposed generic requirements including performance criteria, technical background,
general information, and preservative requirements for wooden utility poles. This document is intended for use by communications
service providers for procurement of wooden utility poles.
GR-60 also provides functional performance and material generic requirements on wooden poles for applications in Outside Plant (OSP)
environments that, in the Telcordia view, will meet the typical needs of a communications provider company.
The criteria in this document are designed to maintain the availability of strong, reliable, high-quality wooden utility poles for
the telecommunications industry while enhancing the scope of the document to cover new and future pole products.
- Harmonizes with the latest ANSI O5, ASTM and AWPA standards
- Contains 125 new proposed generic requirements
- Is updated to include the latest technological advances in wood preservatives materials and wood preservation processes along with
new test criteria to enable the introduction of new pole products using non-traditional wood species and alternative protection
- Provides extensive updates to quality assurance requirement criteria and associated procedures and testing protocols incorporating
field experience and testing data from the telecommunications industry
- Is updated to reflect the latest Telcordia requirements format.
When using GR-60, you may want to refer to GR-209, GR-180, GR-839, GR-3159, and SR-1421.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents