Generic Requirements for Multi-Fiber Optical Connectors
Document Number GR-1435
Issue Number 02
Issue Date May 2008
Replaces TA-NWT-001435 Issue01
ABSTRACT: GR-1435 provides generic requirements and characteristics required of singlemode multi-fiber optical connectors used for joining
singlemode optical fibers. This GR document represents the expressed needs of participants in the GR-1435 Telcordia Technical Forum
(TTF) and may thus meet the needs of other telecommunications service providers as well.
Various generic requirements, desired features, and characteristics of singlemode multi-fiber optical connectors, including
performance tests for comparing such products against the stated criteria, are contained in GR-1435.
The new issue of this valuable technical resource has numerous modifications, including, but not limited to:
- Alignment with the structure and content of GR-326 and GR-2866
- Expanded document scope to address a broader range of cable media types
- Updated optical performance acceptance criteria for various applications
- Combined Performance Criteria and Performance Test Methods/Procedures into the section on Service Life Tests
- Alignment of many aspects of environmental tests with those of GR-326 and updated with separate sequences for controlled and
uncontrolled environment multi-fiber optical connector applications
- Revised mechanical tests with mechanical loads modified for various media types to align with current industry testing standards
and connector designs
- Updated Extended Service section to combine all criteria and test methods/procedures for longer-term performance assessment, and
reference of GR-1221 for reliability assurance of multi-fiber connector assemblies.
This document replaces TA-NWT-001435.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents