Generic Requirements for Outdoor Telecommunication Network Interface Devices (NIDs)
Document Number GR-49
Issue Number 03
Issue Date Jul 2013
Replaces TR-NWT-000049 Issue03
This Generic Requirements document (GR) presents the Telcordia view of the proposed generic requirements applicable to one-line,
multiple-line, and retrofit outdoor telephone Network Interface Devices (NIDs). Generic requirements for the inclusion of 75 Ohm
coaxial F-Port (female) connectors within the NID for use in providing coaxial broadband services are also included.
The information in the criteria may be useful to anyone engaged in the manufacture of outdoor telephone NIDs intended for connection
to service provider facilities and/or equipment, and to anyone who may purchase, operate, or use such equipment.
Issue 3 of GR-49 reflects recent developments in the industry and includes the following:
- The addition of IDC Customer Bridge Connector and xDSL Filters, information about Product Change Notices (PCNs), and port
- Updates to environmental testing
- A new section on wind-driven rain testing
- A new test method for ultraviolet resistance
- Revisions to fungus resistance criteria
- Updates to chemical resistance and flammability requirements
- The addition of information on high-speed data services, core station bonding and grounding practices, alternate NID material
testing, and evaluating dust accumulation.
Issue 3 of GR-49-CORE, Generic Requirements for Outdoor Telecommunication Network Interface Devices (NIDs), replaces Issue 2.
GR-49, Issue 2, replaced TR-NWT-000049.
When using GR-49, you may need to refer to GR-78, SR-332, TR-NWT-001075, GR-1089, GR-1398, GR-2759,
GR-2908, GR-3142, and various UL, ASTM, NFPA, and EIA documents. You may also want to refer to GR-63, GR-324,
TR-NWT-001048, GR-1361, GR-1503, and/or GR-3002.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents