Generic Reliability Assurance Requirements for Optoelectronic Devices Used in Telecommunications Equipment
Document Number GR-468
Issue Number 02
Issue Date Sep 2004
Replaces TR-NWT-000468 Issue01
ABSTRACT: Optoelectronic devices are the backbone of the optical fiber industry. These devices include lasers, light emitting diodes, photo
detectors, and modulators, and are key components used in telecommunications equipment such as:
This NEBS (Network Equipment-Building System) document presents the Telcordia view of proposed generic reliability assurance practices
for most optoelectronic devices used in telecommunications equipment.
- Asynchronous and synchronous fiber optic terminal and add-drop multiplexers
- Digital cross-connect systems
- Optical amplifiers
- Universal or integrated digital cross-connect systems
- Fiber-In-The-Loop systems.
GR-468 is the only industry-complete reference source on this topic, saving your company thousands of dollars
in research and development costs. This document helps ensure the reliable operation of optoelectronic devices, and helps minimize your
company's life-cycle cost. GR-468 can be drawn on to cover other active optoelectronic devices utilized in telecommunications
Major changes in Issue 2 include:
When using GR-468, you may need to refer to GR-63, GR-78, GR-326, GR-357, GR-418, GR-487, GR-874,
GR-909, GR-1221, GR-1252, GR-1312, GR-2882, SR-332, TR-NWT-000870, TR-NWT-000930, GR-3160 and/or
various IEC, MIL-STD and ITA/EIA FOTP-series publications.
- Criteria related to qualification testing, reliability, or accelerated aging testing, and lot-to-lot controls has been
consolidated to highlight commonalities and differences between the tests and procedures that apply to various devices and levels of
- An expanded scope of the document, and revised definitions of device levels
- New material added on tunable lasers and optoelectronic receivers
- Removal of objectives that indicated specific performance parameters, and various tables that listed those parameters consolidated
into a single table.
- A defined set of operational shock and vibration conditions.
GR-468-CORE replaced TR-NWT-000468 and TA-NWT-000983.
(Sometimes referenced as "Telcordia Technologies 983" on other external websites).
Issue 2 of GR-468, Generic Reliability Assurance Requirements for Optoelectronic Devices Used in Telecommunications
Equipment, replaces Issue 1.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents