Generic Requirements for Wireless Service Provider(WSP) Automatic Message Accounting (AMA)
Document Number GR-1504
Issue Number 04
Issue Date May 2003
Replaces TR-TSY-000700 Issue01
ABSTRACT: Issue 4 of GR-1504, Generic Requirements for Wireless Service Provider (WSP) Automatic Message Accounting (AMA), replaces Issue
This document provides the Telcordia view of generic requirements for interconnection with WSPs consistent with changes in
technology. It is the intent of this document to provide generic requirements for the generation of AMA records resulting from both
switched Multi frequency (MF) and Signaling System 7 (SS7) interconnection between the WSP and the local exchange network.
Issue 4 addresses changes to the AMA records including those needed for when SS7 or MF signaling is used as a transport for wireless
service, and the different interconnection types available for WSP service. Clarification has also been provided for the differences
between Type 1 and Type 2B interconnections. The requirements for unconnected originating WSP call recording have been revised to limit
the use of the Circuit Release Module (Module Code 025) to Type 1 WSP interconnections, and to follow GR-1083 requirements when
recording unconnected Type 2A and Type 2B WSP AMA records. Additionally, clarification of recording Module Code 164 to record
additional originating party information has been included. This document does not contain AMA requirements for resource usage such as
database query and response messages that result from SS7 database interactions.
Issue 4 has been updated to
- Modify the Originating Number field information for Type 1 and Type 2B WSP interconnections.
- Modify the use of Module Code 164 for Type 2B WSP interconnections.
- Clarify the use of the Billing AMA Format (BAF) Fill Procedure (populated with Hex Fs) and zero-fill procedures for Type 1 WSP
- Clarify the use of MF and SS7 signaling for populating the different Types of WSP interconnection AMA records for Types 1, 2A, and
- Update the unconnected call recording for Type 1, Type 2A, and Type 2B requirements that have been changed
GR-1504 replaced TR-TSY-000700.
To follow GR-1504, you may need to refer to GR-1100, GR-1083, GR-508, GR-145, and GR-533.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents