Interactions Between Generic Requirements Documents GR-3108, GR-487, and GR-950
Document Number GR-3032
Issue Number 01
Issue Date Dec 2014
The purpose of GR-3032 is to detail the interaction between the following Telcordia GR documents:
- GR-3108, Generic Requirements for Network Equipment in the Outside Plant (OSP)
- GR-487, Generic Requirements for Electronic Equipment Cabinets
- GR-950, Generic Requirements for Optical Network Unit (ONU) Closures and ONU Systems.
The following briefly summarizes the content of these GRs:
- GR-3108 provides criteria and test procedures that are intended to help ensure that electronic equipment will operate reliably
over its expected lifetime in the Outside Plant (OSP) environment.
- GR-487 provides criteria for telecommunications equipment enclosures and cabinets. The stated generic requirements are intended to
provide a suitable environment for telecommunication companies? electronic and passive equipment that is housed in above-ground
cabinets or enclosures, typically pad- or pole-mounted, in the OSP.
- GR-950 provides criteria for analyzing Optical Network Unit (ONU) closures and systems used in a variety of OSP environments and
applications, including those used in building entrance facilities.
GR-3032, Interactions Between Generic Requirements Documents GR-3108, GR-487, and GR-950, is new. It is intended for the use
of telecommunications service providers, original equipment manufacturers, systems integrators, and Independent Testing Laboratories
When using GR-3032, you may want to refer to GR-3171, GR-3108, GR-487, and GR-950.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents