Generic Requirements for Wireless Transceiver Facilities (Active Antennas, Distributed Antenna Systems [DAS], Free-Space Optics [FSOs], Remote Radio Heads [RRHs], and Small Cells)
Document Number GR-3178
Issue Number 01
Issue Date Dec 2014
- ORDERING INFORMATION
- Active Antennas
- Active Distributed Antenna Systems (DASs), including Indoor DAS (i-DAS), Outdoor DAS (o-DAS), and GPS Antenna systems.
- Free-Space Optics (FSOs)
- Remote Radio Heads (RRHs), including microwave systems.
- Small Cells - femtocells, picocells, metrocells, microcells, and more.
- Commentaries on ambient air temperatures and operational temperatures expected in the Outside Plant (OSP) and inside buildings
- Guidance on installation, storage, and transportation conditions expected for the WiTF equipment and closures.
- Commentary on the facility definitions and environmental and mechanical caveats, as well as a summary table of the functional
performance requirements for WiTF closures.
- Requirements relevant to the test protocols, deployment environments, and general physical design aspects for WiTF systems and
- Requirements intended to simulate actual installation and/or operating stresses to which the WiTF closure and system are expected
to be exposed under normal operating conditions.
GR-3178 supplies specific supplementary criteria for the protective closures or boxes used to house selected wireless transceiver
facilities. These facilities are designated as Wireless Transceiver Facilities (WiTFs) and include equipment with the
transmitting/receiving capability associated with antennas, as well as the equipment needed for power, control, monitor, transmission,
and backhaul of the wireless signals. The facilities covered include:
This document is intended for the use of telecommunications service providers, original equipment manufacturers, systems
integrators, and independent testing laboratories.
GR-3178, Generic Requirements for Wireless Transceiver Facilities (Active Antennas, Distributed Antenna Systems [DAS],
Free-Space Optics [FSOs], Remote Radio Heads [RRHs], and Small Cells), is new.
When using GR-3178, you may want to refer to GR-3171, GR-3108, GR-3031, GR-3032, GR-3033, GR-950, GR-63,
This GR also includes one or more Issue List Reports (ILRs) that details open or closed technical issues in the main document. The
ILR(s) are automatically sent free of charge to the GR document purchaser.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents
|-||Click to Request Price Quote|